Friday, October 5, 2012

Make Do and Mend/Improvisiere und Repariere



Shelley of New Vintage Lady has started a Make Do And Mend sew-along. When I read the details of her challenge I immediately had a few ideas. I don't know if I'll follow through to the end (real life and all that, you know...), but here are my thoughts for what it's worth:

  1. Make two crafts from scrap fabric, (hat, pot holders, table runner, etc.). I've been meaning to make a small envelope bag for a friend, like this (not blogged). She gave me an old pair of shorts „for scraps“, so I might use that. Need to get cracking! Also, I still have lots of scraps from my advent calendar making days. I could make a cute Christmassy table runner or something.
  2. Rework one garment. When I re-started ballet classes I bought myself a cute ballet print t-shirt that was of the worst quality. I mean, I buy a lot at H&M and that stuff lives for years, but this was shrunken and misshaped after a few months. I still wear it (that's how I roll!) and decided because I wouldn't get rid of it otherwise to re-work it into a tee for my DD. She also has a beloved print tee that's too small; I've been meaning to save the print and appliqué it to a new shirt.
  3. Make two wearable items not meant for day wear (i.e. : jim jams, robe, slip, etc.). Um. Yeah. Need to think about that.
  4. Embellish one item (i.e. faggoting, pin tucking, embroidery, etc). (My embellish-along-tag is rolling in its grave, so to say...) My son who hasn't received a me-made garment in a long time loved the fox appliqué shirt that was on the Ottobre cover a couple of years ago. That's quite work-intensive so I'll see whether I get around to it.
  5. Make one item (in addition or one of the items above) for someone else. See above; these are mostly for others!




Thanks, Shelley, for starting the sew-along, and happy sewing everybody!



******************************



Zur Zeit sind im Netz einige Sew-Alongs unterwegs; eins der wohl weniger bekannten ist das „Make Do and Mend“ (würde ich mit „Improvisiere und Repariere“ übersetzen) von Shelley. Es lehnt sich an die Kleider-Rationierung zu Kriegszeiten in England an, soweit ich weiß, das Thema wird aber auch gerne im Zusammenhang mit nachhaltigerem Nähen/Leben aufgegriffen.


Spontan fühlte ich mich angesprochen, u.a. weil die Latte nicht zu hoch liegt (kleine Aufgaben statt Mäntel-nähen!) und sich ein paar bereits geschmiedete Nähpläne gut unterbringen lassen. Das Sew-along läuft noch bis Ende Oktober; mal sehen, was ich in der Zeit fertig bekomme!




Die Aufgaben lauten:
  1. Zwei Sachen aus Stoffresten nähen Hut, Topflappen, Tischläufer etc.) Ich möchte noch ein Täschchen in Umschlagform wie dieses hier nähen (bisher nicht gebloggt, ist aber ein ganz gutes Format, für Strümpfe oder Schmuck oder...). Weihnachtsstoffschnipsel habe ich auch reichlich von meinen Adventskalendern, da sollte noch etwas drin sein.
  2. Ein Kleidungsstück umnähen. Ich habe da ein T-Shirt mit Ballettprint, bodenlose Qualität, das ich für's Töchterchen umnähen möchte (und sei es nur, damit ich das geschrumpfte, verzogene Teil nicht immer weiter anziehe, das ist nämlich meine Schwäche, Unansehnliches nicht loszulassen...) Falls das nicht gibt, hat sie ein zu kleines Shirt mit Frontdruck, das sie gerne behalten möchte; ich würde versuchen, den Print auf ein neues Shirt zu applizieren.
  3. Zwei Teile nähen, die nicht Oberbekleidung sind (Schlafanzug, Morgenmantel, Unterwäsche etc.) Hm. Ideen?
  4. Ein Teil verzieren. Ha! Ich höre meinen ungenutzten Embellish-Along-Tag rotieren. Oder kichern. Egal. Vor zwei (?) Jahren hatte Ottobre mal ein tolles Fuchs-Appliqué auf dem Titel, das meinem Sohn gefiel, aber ob er es heute noch mag? Ist auch ziemlich arbeitsintensiv.
  5. Eine Sache für jemand anderen machen. Siehe oben, mehrfach!



Wer näht noch irgendwo „along“? Viel Spaß und näht schön!  

1 comment:

  1. This is a challenge looks fun! The shirt you scaled down ended up very cute. I'm still trying to get back into gear. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin