Monday, June 6, 2011

Blouse/Bluse Burda 5-2009-115




Thank you for the lovely comments on the pirate pants! I have been sewing down even more stash; this cotton lawn was bought when DS was little and DD not yet here, so about six years ago. I definitely overthought what to make with the fabric, and it took Me-made June to finally get to it.



Me-made June? Well, I haven't even signed up, but I'm trying to keep up with the "lite" version, and enjoying it, too. It would be terribly repetitive to post pictures, so I'll probably spare you.






I made my usual adjustments to the pattern: Sizes 38 on top, 40 on bottom, enlarged lower sleeves, square shoulder adjustment. It fits very well although it is not exactly form-fitting or figure-flattering (the infamous "Does this make me look pregnant?"-effect).




I don't care, I really like it and the neckline is one of the most flattering I've sewn so far. It is also very light and breezy on hot and humid days like we're having at the moment. A winner!






I made one change to the pattern which is drafted for a back zipper. I omitted the zipper but kept the back seam, leaving the top 5 inches or so open and adding a fabric loop plus button.







Danke for die netten Kommentare zur Piratenhose! Ich bin immer ganz glücklich, wenn mir eine Jungssache gelingt, die nicht grau und öde ist.




Ich habe gleich einen weiteren Oldie aus dem Fundus verbraucht, ein Batist von Alfatex ca. 2005. Gestern war ich sehr froh, in der Schwüle etwas so Luftiges zu tragen!


Den Schnitt habe ich angepasst wie üblich (oben 38, unten 40, Ärmel erweitert und Schulter begradigt). Die Passform ist gut, auch wenn das eine oder andere Baby (nein, nicht schwanger!) noch darunter passen würde. Dazu muss man stehen bei diesem Stil und das tu' ich gerne, zumal ich den Ausschnitt ganz fabelhaft finde.




Hinten habe ich den Reißverschluss weggelassen, die Naht bis auf ca. 12 cm geschlossen und einen kleinen Schlingenverschluss nebst Knopf angebracht. Gefällt mir!



Happy sewing!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The neckline is lovely. It looks perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect summer blouse! Now you just need a cool drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seeing lots of great red prints this season and this is no exception. Adorable top, and I can imagine it is so comfy in the hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute top and perfect for a hot,summer's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this pattern a lot. Looks great for a casual summer outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this! Great fabric and details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gefällt mir gut und es steht die gut, sowohl die Farbe als auch die Form. Und nein, ich finde es sieht nicht schwanger aus. Ich wünschte, ich könnte Schnittmuster so gut auf meine Figur anpassen, ich bin immer noch in der Trial und Error Phase.

    Liebe Grüße von Ute

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin