Thursday, October 29, 2009

Holiday Crafting OCD

Starting in late September, I sort of lose it. My focus. My "me time". My lists. Under more lists. Covered by lists-of-lists.


Here's why. I love the holiday season. I love crafting and baking. So I try to do it all. By myself, of course. Handmade, as much as possible.


Gifts for Christmas. Gifts for two children's birthdays. Gifts for three advent calendars. Gifts for St. Nicholas day. Giveaways for two childrens' birthday guests.



Handcrafted invitations for two children's birthday parties. Handcrafted invitations for our yearly advent cookie party. Handcrafted Christmas cards. Handcrafted decorations.


Baking for the cookie party (20 to 30 sorts.) Baking for two children's birthdays. Baking for Christmas.


To fill the empty minutes (let's not waste any time here) I have a cross stitch Christmas stocking calling my name.


I love the holidays. Such a wonderful time for relaxed family togetherness. Ahem. And I really do love this time. Could we just spread it out a little? Over... nine months, maybe? (Having a baby sure wasn't this much work!)

Anyone else out there suffer this Holiday OCD affliction? Tell me I'm not alone!


Parting shot:

I thought I'd wait until December to show my handmade advent calendars. But now seems more timely really; maybe someone can use them for inspiration. So here's the first of the bunch.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your wonderful complement on my jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of things to do. It's obvious you enjoy it though, and make the holidays wonderful for your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Luckily, I do not suffer your affliction. I get to around December 18 and suddenly realize I need some gift ideas...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin