Friday, April 3, 2009

Kids' fabric loot and pants

First of all, I want to say thanks to everyone who has commented on my blog so far (and thank you for the especially nice comments on the girl's dress!). There are so many great blogs to read and comment on and only so many hours in a day, so I appreciate everyone who takes time to respond to a newbie blogger like me!

Yesterday, I chose to spend the spare hours in my day not blog reading, but sewing - again - girls' stuff - again. Will I be able to stop when fabric runs out? No, wait, I ordered more, so it won't. Oh well!

My dd is growing out of everything at the moment, plus with the weather warming up she needs lots more playground clothes, so I decided to sew up a quick pair of pants. It really isn't quite as crooked as it looks in the pictures, but it's a quick little number, having traced off an existing pair, altered for the simplest elastic waist, and only putting on some topstitching, back pockets, borders and appliqués for interest (without it I'd have finished in half the time, though, but where's the fun in that?).

My ds is getting jealous, so I ordered some more jersey in boy colors for a promised bunny shirt. Happily, he isn't at 5yo tuned into what's "cool" or "manly" yet, so I'll let him wear bunnies for as long as it lasts!

I might use the green/pink flowered buttons for last post's dress; I don't know what I'll do with the iron-on angel yet, and the borders... well, I just order them every chance I get.



All of it from http://www.koenigreich-der-stoffe.net/.

("Herzilein" means little heart)

4 comments:

  1. There's a lot of really cute sewing that can be done for little ones. I used to sew for my little girl. I enjoyed it and people always wondered where I got her clothes. Have fun sewing for them, before they get to "old" to wear mama's homemade clothes! Oh, and by the way--when they grow up--they want you to sew for them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your appliques - AND your fabric stash is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little pants! I'm sure your son will be thrilled when you get the fabric in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to tell you I really enjoy your little girl sewing. I have a little boy (and another boy on the way), and only nephews, so it's nice to see little girl things. I feel a little bad, but I just can't get too excited about sewing for my little boy. More time to sew for me, I suppose. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin