Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bunny shirt

What to sew? - I asked a few days ago. Well, my daughter's
growing out of her long-sleeves, together with wanting something "Easter-ly" but not feeling up to a big dress project, together with feeling creative and wanting to play with my fabrics, decided for me.

Now I'm not a sewer who can fit and trace a pattern, cut out pattern and fabric, and sew a shirt in one evening, not without some serious loss of sleep.

I can, however, lay a sort of fitting shirt on some fabric, cut around it, decorate it with some freehand design, sew it up and have a well-fitting t-shirt. Strange, that.

This has me on a roll now, I've very slapdashly re-fitted an old girl's dress-pattern, and am right now decorating and sewing it up. Also very fast and easy.

Maybe it just took this long for Carolyn's TNT message (http://sewingfantaticdiary.blogspot.com/2009/01/would-you-please-tnt-with-me.html) to really sink in. I always
thought I'd be bored by sewing up the same pattern again and again. Instead I find that having a stash and a TNT really brings together the creative process (which I love and which really motivates me) and the execution/sewing, which I sometimes find a bit tedious.

Also, isn't it neat how reflecting on one's sewing through blogging helps to realize where one's fun and motivation really lie?




3 comments:

  1. Those bunnies are really cute ... I'll have to check out that blog link ... have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet bunnies. There's a lot to be said of a TNT. One pattern can have a lot of looks. Have fun with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little bow on the bunny! What a clever little applique.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin